WARGAMES SOLDIERS & STRATEGY N.124 - WARGAMING IN THE COCKPIT OF EUROPE
BATTLES AND CAMPAIGNS IN BELGIUM FROM ANTIQUITY TO WWII
In this issue we explore wars and campaigns fought in Belgium. From antiquity right through to World War II, this small country's territory has been the site of frequent conflict.
- Eoghan Kelly, 'Bringing the battles of Belgium to the tabletop - The cockpit of Europe'.
- Peter van Dop, 'Ambiorix's revolt against Rome in 54 BC - Belgae, bravest of the Gauls'.
- David Davies, 'Flemish townsfolk say "goedendag" to the French - The Battle of Kortrijk, 1302'.
- Eoghan Kelly, 'The Irish Brigade at Fontenoy, 11 May 1745 - Cuimhnigh ar luimneach'.
- Joe Bilton, 'Chasseurs Ardennais defend the Lys Deviation Canal - The defence of Vinkt'.
- Guy Bowers, 'The Belgian army through the years - Plucky little Belgium'.
- Toby Thornton, 'A Great War scene for Belgium - The Yser incident'.
- Russ Hayes, 'Guildford Wargames' imaginative club project - The Battle of Dorking'.
- Gareth Lane, 'A British WWI action based on the film 1917 - Only the dead have seen the end of war'.
- John Savage, 'An introduction and scenario for WS&S - What a Cowboy'.
- Joe Bilton, 'Creating WWII defences from your spare parts - "Dig-in" to your bitz box'.
- James McDowell, 'How to handle an epic Napoleonic project - One piece at a time'.
- Miniature reviews
- Richard Clarke, 'Up front - Use it or lose it'.
- Chris King, 'The Irregular - Taking an interest'.
- Chris Payne, 'The new Barons' War supplement from Footsore - Let's play Outremer'.
- Eoghan Kelly, Chris King, and Chris Payne, 'Game reviews - Soldiers of Napoleon: Wars of the First Empire, Blood & Steel, Border Wars - Under a Reiver Moon, and Undaunted: Stalingrad'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots
21 x 30