WARGAMES SOLDIERS & STRATEGY N.118 - WARFARE ON THE ISLAND OF SICILY
AT THE CROSSROADS OF THE MEDITERRANEAN
This island off the coast of Italy has been a strategic bone of contention for millenia. In this issue, we explore some of the many wars fought over its shores, from antiquity to WWII.
Warfare on the island of Sicily
- Riccardo Bixio, 'Sicily, the boxing ring of the Mediterranean - The stepping-stone to Europe'.
- Francisco Luis Erize, 'Street fighting on the eve of the Punic Wars - Messana: the spark that lit a flame'.
- Riccardo Bixio, 'Medieval Sicily and the 1300 Battle of Gagliano - The very last "Desperata Ferro!"'.
- Eoghan Kelly and Riccardo Bixio, 'Garibaldi and the Battle of Milazzo, 20 July 1860 - Spedizione dei mille'.
- Dan and Rex Withers, 'A WWII British Bolt Action scenario set on Sicily - Assault on Johnny I'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Looking at Sicily through the ages - An offer you can't refuse'.
- Paul Cubbin, 'Multiculturalism in medieval Sicily - Carving out and island kingdom'.
- David Davies, 'To catch an admiral: Operation Vengeance - Killing Yamamoto'.
- Greg Wagman, 'The death of Brian Born, High King of Ireland - Defend the king!'.
- Joseph A. McCullough, 'A Silver Bayonet scenario for two or more players - Guardian of the shrine'.
- Olve Kroknes, 'A Norwegian ad-hoc battalion ambushes the invader - Lundehøgda 1940'.
- Stuart Pearson, 'Where to start with the Wars of Napoleon - Six steps to Napoleonics'.
- Andy Lilof, 'Modelling 28mm British troops for World War II - In praise of plastic'.
- Tony Harwood, 'Scratch-built fences for the wargame table - Safe behind wooden walls'.
Riccamente illustrato a colori
21 x 30