WARGAMES SOLDIERS & STRATEGY N.116 - FINGIND(AND FAILING TO FIND) THE ENEMY
One of the first rules of warfare is to know what you're facing. In this issue, we take a look at military reconnaissance through the ages, and the challenge of simulating it on the tabletop.
- Mark Backhouse, 'How to get scouting and recon on the tabletop - Common sense, not cowardice'.
- Jeff Jonas, 'Crassus' defeat at the Battle of Carrhae, 53 BC - Doomed in the desert'.
- Mark Backhouse, 'Vikings versus Saxons in a Dark Age skirmish - The snake in the grass'.
- Charles S. Grant, 'The use of light troops in the Seven Years' War - Fighting for information'.
- Nick Skinner, 'Operation Market Garden: recce jeeps at Wolfheze - The Arnhem ambush'.
- Otto van Wiggen and Guy Bowers, 'Reconnaissance before attack: the Falklands, 1982 - Mount Harriet'.
- Guy Bowers, 'Reconnaissance through the ages - Guessing what's over the next hill'.
- Mark Hargreaves, 'Keeping up with the Turkish retreat - Racing through the desert'.
- David Davies, 'The Turks take out a Crusader army at Mersivan - Downfall of the faint-hearted'.
- Victor Barone, 'The Battle of Estero Bellaco, 2 May 1866 - An almost-perfect surprise attack'.
- Guy Bowers, Chris King, Sam Ralphs, James Oram, and David Frederick, 'Planning a Fall Gelb project for a group - Project 1940'.
- Rubén Torregrosa, 'Painting autumn and winter camouflage in 15mm - Oak leaf and snow'.
- John Bond, 'Reusing and recycling plastic sprues for terrain - Breaking the hoarding habit'.
- Miniature reviews
- Rich Clarke, 'Up front - Local wargaming'.
- Robert Piepenbrink, 'The Irregular - The "why" and "how" of 2mm'.
- Chris King and Guy Bowers, 'Classic sword-and-sorcery skirmish gaming - Let's play 7TV: Fantasy'.
- Guy Bowers, David Davies, Eoghan Kelly, and Martin Oaff, 'Game reviews - Five Parsecs from Home, Quarantine 37, Shadow of the Eagles and Absolute Emperor'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots
Riccamente illustrato a colori
21 x 30