WARGAMES SOLDIERS & STRATEGY N.119
ORIGINAL GROGNARDS AND FINAL RESERVES
Napoleon's Imperial Guard was an elite corps of veteran fighters who proved their worth in many of his most important campaigns. Their fierce reputation survives to this day.
Theme: Napoleon's Imperial Guard
- Eoghan Kelly, 'The almost-always-in-reserve Imperial Guard - The original grognards'.
- Nicholas Stock, 'The Battle of Hanau: 30 - 31 October, 1813 - Clear the woods'.
- Eoghan Kelly, '"The most desperately contested of battles" - The battle at Heurtebise Farm'.
- Martin Oaff and Guy Bowers, 'The Young Guard at Plancenoit - Stemming Blucher's tide'.
- Guy Bowers, 'The Imperial Guard in miniature - Pour l'empereur!'.
- Angel Aparicio, 'Charge of the Lancers of the Guard - En avant!'.
- Ken Robinson, 'Norman and Welsh forces skirmish at Ogmore - Marcher lord'.
- Mark Backhouse, '(A very small) Battle of Aquae Sextiae, 102 BC - In such a way the fields are fattened'.
- Joe Bilton, 'Lieutenant Speirs and D Company, 506th PIR - Isolated at Bloody Gulch'.
- Stuart Mulligan, 'Collecting and gaming the early Tudor Wars - Pike, bow & trouser hose'.
- Joe Bilton, 'Scratch-building a French-style walled farm - A little piece of Normandy'.
- Tony Harwood, 'Scratch-built hedges for the war-game table - Hedging your borders'.
- Miniature reviews
- Rick Priestley, 'This gaming life - New Year's resolution'.
- Joseph McCullough, 'The Irregular - Painting miniatures in 1990 (American style)'.
- Chris King, 'The brand-new WWII commando stealth game - Let's play 02 Hundred Hours'.
- Ian Beal, Eoghan Kelly, Guy Bowers, and Chris Payne, 'Game reviews - This Very Ground: Victory or Death (2nd Edition), Blitzkrieg Battlegames and Blitzkrieg BattleGroups, BOHICA and Renato Et Gloriam'.
- Book reviews
- Parting shots
21 x 30